READY TO EXPLORE KEEN’S HOMETOWN PORTLAND?
Driven by a passion for life outside, KEEN is a values-led, independently owned brand from Portland, Oregon, that’s on a mission to create original and versatile products, improve lives, and inspire outside adventure.
Together with Travel Portland we would like to invite you to join our competition, to come over and have a look yourself!
ENTER AT THE PRIZE DRAW TABLE AT THE VENUE SCREENINGS
With the Pacific Ocean to the west and Mount Hood to the east, it’s no wonder Portlanders are an outdoorsy bunch. This progressively green city, known for its parks and gardens, is home to Forest Park, the largest urban forested park in the US. Discover Portland’s distinctive neighbourhoods, craft beer, indie music scene, great shopping (there’s no sales tax in Oregon!), and restaurants whose chefs insist on local, sustainable ingredients to build their menus.
The Hotel Zags is on a mission to tell a different story – one that brings together Oregon’s natural beauty and the city’s quirky culture. They’ll be your home base as you explore the neighborhood via a rented bike from the Gear Shed, relax in the courtyard with a local sip from restaurant, Nel Centro, or visit nearby shopping, dining and culture hotspots.
KEEN Explore Portland Promotion
Official Rules – United Kingdom
Important: Please read these rules before entering this Promotion.
By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
1. Description: The “Explore Portland” competition (the “Promotion”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Central European Summer Time on 18 January 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central European Summer Time on 26 May 2020 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted outside the Entry Period are void. The promoter of this Promotion is KEEN Europe Outdoor B.V. (“KEEN”). KEEN’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. OFFER VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. MUST BE A BANFF UK & IRELAND TOUR TICKET HOLDER AND PARTICPANT TO ENTER.
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland) and Ireland who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority under applicable law) at the time of entry. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by KEEN in the manner and format designated below. Entrants must also be physically fit enough to participate in the prize trip. Directors, officers and employees of KEEN, Snowline Media and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each are not eligible to win any prizes. Limit one (1) entry per person. Entrants must have a valid Banff Mountain Film Festival ticket.
3. Disclaimer. KEEN, Snowline Media, other providers of any prize, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for any of the following where caused by factors beyond their reasonable control: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of KEEN or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
5. Entry: To enter the Promotion, purchase a ticket for one of the tour stops of the Banff Mountain Film Festival, correctly solve the puzzle on the entry postcard, fill out your name, age, country, city, e-mail address and phone number, and submit the postcard in the designated entry box during the event. You may choose to agree to receive emails from KEEN from which you can unsubscribe at any time. KEEN reserves the right not to consider for the Promotion any entry it deems, in its sole determination, to be inappropriate or ineligible.
6. Prizes: There is one (1) prize to be won. The prize will be awarded to the first randomly drawn entry postcard with the correct solution to the puzzle. The prize consists of two (2) economy round-trip tickets to Portland, OR USA from London Heathrow Airport (LHR), Manchester (UK), Glasgow (UK), Inverness (UK), Bristol (UK), Norwich (UK), Dublin (IRE), or Shannon (IRE), six (6) nights’ accommodation in a hotel (winner and guest will share a room), a kayaking trip for two (2) people, a bike tour for two (2) people in the Columbia River Gorge, a hiking tour for two (2) people, and two (2) pairs of shoes chosen by KEEN. Travel dates are scheduled for 8 September 2020 to 15 September 2020. The trip must be booked thirty (30) days prior to departure. Travel arrangements must be agreed by 8 August 2020 otherwise the prize will be forfeited.
Guests must be over the age of 18 and physically fit enough to participate in the prize trip. The mode of transportation will be chosen by KEEN at its sole discretion.
KEEN reserves the right to modify the schedule and activities set forth above. All prizes are awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. No prize transfer, assignment or substitutions is permitted. KEEN reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
The estimated value of the prize is €2000 but the actual value may vary.
The prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses unless otherwise stated in the prize descriptions. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out in these Official Rules and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the prize winner and their guest.
Prize winner will be responsible for ensuring that they and their guest are available to travel and where necessary hold valid passports, visas and travel documents for the trip in question.
7. Odds of Winning; Taxes: Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible participants. Prize winner is solely responsible for all taxes, registration, title, fees, license duties, insurance and all expenses in claiming, registering and using their prize. This may include sales taxes and property taxes. KEEN has no liability with regard to taxes and fees for the prize.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential prize winner will be selected and notified on or around 31 July 2020. Potential prize winner will receive an email notification from KEEN. To claim the prize, potential prize winner should follow the instructions contained in their notification and reply to KEEN within three (3) days of attempted notification. As a condition of being awarded any prize, potential prize winner and their guest will be required, within fifteen (15) days of receipt of documents from KEEN, to verify their correct address and execute and deliver to KEEN a signed certificate of eligibility and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by KEEN in its sole discretion. Failure of a prize winner (or prize winner’s guest) to respond or execute and deliver such documents within the specified time may result in forfeiture of the prize and the selection of an alternate winner of that prize from the remaining eligible entries. Only up to three (3) alternate winners may be chosen otherwise the prize in question will remain un-awarded.
9. Publicity Release. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission for KEEN to use a prize winner’s name, hometown, likeness, voice, and prize information for promotional activities connected to the Promotion without further payment or consideration. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of being awarded any prize, the prize winner and their guest may be required to execute a consent for KEEN to use their name, hometown, likeness, voice, and prize information for promotional activities connected to the Promotion, including but not limited to announcing them as a prize winner, reporting on their prize trip and other reasonable post-Promotion publicity, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Release. Insofar as is permitted by law, KEEN and the Released Parties will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate entrants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the Promotion or taking up a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or the Released Parties. Your statutory rights are not affected.
11. Disputes: This Promotion and these Official Rules are governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
13. Binding Effect: By participating in this Promotion you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
14. Copy of Listing of Winners; Rules Request: For a list of prize winners and their location, send an email with the subject line “Explore Portland” to firstname.lastname@example.org after 26 July 2020 and not later than 31 December 2020. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send an email with the subject line “Explore Portland Official Rules” to email@example.com.
15. Copyright Notice. KEEN is a trademark of KEEN, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright ©2020 by KEEN Europe Outdoor B.V. All rights reserved.
16. Miscellaneous. Entrants and guests agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of KEEN, which are final and binding in all respects. KEEN reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond KEEN's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or KEEN otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to KEEN, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in KEEN's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. KEEN reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Promoter: KEEN Europe Outdoor B.V., Vasteland 100, 3011 BP Rotterdam, Netherlands.